My new tacoma finally came in today. Long story short, my 1996 cavalier blew up, I rented a car, borrowed a dealership truck, and (two weeks to the day) I now have the truck I have wanted for the last 3 years.
- It’s blue.
- It won’t let me lock my keys inside in the ignition.
- It has a 110V outlet in the bed.
- I could open our garage from the rear view mirror if our opener hadn’t been exchanged in a previous auto deal gone awry.
- The compass said SW when I was facing North at the dealership, but has since decided to be true, although I haven’t yet checked the declination.
- The passenger side airbag only turns on if you weigh more than 60 lbs, which should be just about everyone that rides on that side.
- The CD player looks like it’s going to be a pain to replace with a bumpin’ aftermarket deck, so that might have to wait a while.
- Miles of clearance and an off-road package, for all of that off-roading I do on my way to work.
- Alarm. Don’t even think about taking my baby for a joyride!
First impressions are great of the vehicle, Toyota did a very good job with the redesign. I’m sure I’ll figure out what I don’t like soon, but for now you’ll see me driving around with a nice big grin on my face.